Welcome to Kelly's Greens

Welcome to Kelly's Greens. We sell locally-grown organic produce selected for its attractive presentation and robust nutritional value. As a small-scale grower, we are able to work with our clients to meet their individual needs. Scroll down to see our fresh vegetables now available.

Kelly's Greens delivers to most Bryan-College Station neighborhoods.

Kate
katekellysgreens@gmail.com

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vegetables Available February, 2012

February is a transitional month between the fall and spring growing seasons.  We anticipate a mix of the following vegetables this month: Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Collard Greens, Kale, Lettuce, Mustard Greens, and Swiss Chard.  Specialty items, such as Microgreens (and herbs in the spring season) can be reserved if you contact me with an order two weeks in advance.


Bok Choy

Broccoli
Kale

8 comments:

  1. So yummy!! Made pot stickers with the scallions for dinner, saffron chard tart for lunch, planning on ginger bok choy for dinner: these veggies are so good, not to mention inspiring in the kitchen. Thanks! Picture at: https://www.me.com/gallery/#100029

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and delicious Swiss chard! I'll be a steady customer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum those micro greens were delicious. We ate them with your lettuce (lettuces? not sure :) in a pear salad with lemon-honey-thyme dressing. I think we all got a bit healthier, and I know we were happier. Today: braised bok choy (with ginger, next to salmon and rice). Thanks, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone getting this morning's bag-o-goodies (12/23), here is a delicious lunch I've just enjoyed. Take the chard, cut out the bigger ribs, blanch it in salt water and cool in cold water. Chop the scallions, dill, and parsley (I think it was parsley!?), and blanched chard. Saute the scallions/herbs in olive oil over medium for a minute, add the chard and sauté another minute or two, add cooked noodles, butter, salt, pepper, and little parmesan. OMG so good, five minutes of cooking, thank you Kate (and thanks Deborah Madison for the idea)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my veggies early today and have already tried out a new recipe. It's called crispy kale (but could also be crispy chard) and it results in very thin crispy chips that are ridiculously good. I've already eaten about a third of my kale and chard and it's not even lunch time yet!

    -separate leaves from the ribs
    -rinse them and get them VERY dry
    -toss with about a Tablespoon of olive oil
    -cover cookie sheets with parchment paper
    -lay out leaves in a single layer
    -bake at 350F for about about 10 minutes
    -add salt to taste

    If the leaves are damp, they won't become chips so very dry is key.

    Thanks, April, for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm am continually startled at how much better your fresh broccoli is than anything I can buy elsewhere. It is a delight that I look forward to with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those rocket leaves were amazing, Kate! I served all four of us huge servings, and even the kids ate every bite. And thanks, Marian for the kale chips recipe, which I'm trying this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kate, those were the most delicious potatoes I have ever eaten. Seriously. I had no idea they could be so creamy and delicate. Yum! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete